breezy sunshiny friday finds

Friday 26 October 2012


We are travelling at the end of the year, so I've been rather tight on the shopping sprees of late - not wanting to spend a single sou on anything that might compromise a brilliant time away. But sometimes a girl's just gotta shop - and I've had a lot of fun attempting to finish my Christmas shopping this month {Christmas shopping at Christmastime is something I do NOT enjoy}. Of course, when you Christmas-shop, you get tempted along the way . . .

Since becoming obsessed with Instagram, I've discovered all manner of ways to make use of my photographic creations. I had these images {above} printed on stickers via prinstagram recently and they'll go in the kids' Christmas stockings. Love.

I also did a bit of a Country Road order, using my Spend and Save. Adore this red tray - some clothes for the kids, and our family breakfasts have become beach-chic with these orange/white striped mugs and bowls. They have brought such sunshine to our kitchen. The nest of frames are my favourite picture frames ever ever ever - we have several sets now - and that white tin three-tier container - it does make my heart go boom boom boom.





I also did some local printing this week - a 2013 calendar from my instagram pics, using the divine calendar template from Paislee Press. I absolutely LOVE her work and have since downloaded some other templates which can be used in Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator. I'll be sticking these twelve 5 x 7 images to my studio wall come January, for a unique and very special take on my annual calendar.


I've been bitten by the redecorating bug this month, too, and - having just signed a new book contract - decided to splurge a little on some new furniture. More on that soon, but I also gathered up a beautiful new rug and some soft furnishings. Here is a sneak peek of my Freedom flamingo cushion. I've stashed it away to use on our new sofas next month. This colour scheme is a real departure for me.


This morning I dashed out really early to take Ella to her high school induction morning {she loved it!} and before I could possibly nose the car out of the driveway, I simply had to stop and snap the morning sun through our lavender. It's taken a while for this batch of heaven to 'take' in our garden, and it's now flourishing. Delighted.


I then coffeed with my friend Sylvia and shopped a wee dram - could not resist this divine tea-for-one set from Typo, on sale. My dear mum had a tea-for-one set in the 70s and I love this new take on an old classic.


I then got sucked into Country Road {it was beyond my control} and came out with these stunners . . . yes, we need to take the red tin picnic basket out for a picnic-run this weekend.



I'm on the hunt for a beautiful year 6 graduation dinner frock for Ella, and, dropping into David Jones, I espied some gorgeous options which we'll go check out tomorrow. In the meantime, I couldn't resist these chevron swimmers {the stripe is the same colour as my toenail polish!} for her and some divine tissue paper from Typo. I have a thing for tissue paper.


I also have a thing for Christmas paper. This is from Kikki-K. How could I resist? Truly?


Speaking of toenail polish, whilst invading Seed for Halloween candy for the kids, I simply couldn't leave without this fluoro orange paint and also this cherry red. Am agonising over which toenail colour to go for Halloween.


And how retro-delish is this candy?


On the way home, I dashed into the Fresh Food Market for a tray of mangoes for the weekend {they'll be gone in a snap} and this incredibly evil nut loaf, crusted in sugar from Crust.



Ok, I am now putting the credit card on ice, and will leave you with this glorious windswept Canberra day - this photo taken on the way home {from the car window}.


Have a gorgeous weekend, all. Hope to see you at Gungahlin Library tomorrow for storytime with Mem Fox and Judy Horacek.

x




2 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

OMG i love every single thing you purchased!! Squee, love Posie

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

OMG i love every single thing you purchased!! Squee, love Posie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...